Some benefits you can expect when dealing with Shackleton Risk Management:
- There is no excess payable for attorneys in respect of the Professional Indemnity Insurance product. This excess is usually anything between R25 000 and R150 000 so in the event of a claim, this is a HUGE upfront saving for the firm.
- We employ a stringent underwriting strategy which means that we avoid cross subsidisation of premium between attorney firms. From the client’s point of view, this equates to lower premiums in respect of the Professional Indemnity Insurance product. By reducing the likelihood of claims, our underwriters are able to keep their premiums highly competitive.
- As a niche insurer, Safire and Shackleton Risk Management (as the broker) will tailor our quotations to suit your insurance needs, and most importantly your budget.
- We are a brokerage that is headed up by Attorneys, and as such we understand the needs and wants of our fellow Attorneys.
- The client is dealing with an Insurance company who have retained their commitment to serving their clients. This means that their clients are seen as individuals with specific needs, rather than just policy numbers.
- Here at Shackleton Risk Management, we have friendly brokers, based in all of the major city centres. Our brokers are “hands on”, and always available for whenever questions pertaining to the Professional Indemnity, Fidelity guarantee or Misappropriation of Trust Fund Insurance products arise.
- Here at Shackleton Risk Management, we have the resources and skills available to us to conduct risk assessments on select practices. These risk assessments are designed to reduce the likelihood a firm has of having a Professional Indemnity claim. In this way, we are able to add large value to a firm by mitigating the likelihood of a claim.
- Our underwriters are backed by one of the biggest re-insurer in the world, namely Munich Re. Munich Re holds the lead line in our Professional Indemnity, Fidelity guarantee and Misappropriation of Trust Fund Insurance products. In addition to Munich Re, they can cede all risk of catastrophe to internationally recognized re-insurers such as Swiss Re, Lloyds of London, Africa Re and Flagstone Re, to name a few.
- We are able to offer our liquidators highly competitive rates on the Professional Indemnity Insurance product as a result of the fact that Safire (underwriters) view them as low risk.
- If you would like to get in contact with Shackleton Risk Management, please visit our website to receive a competitive quotation for your firm within 48 hours.
Share this article
Wherever the deceased was living in the Republic of South Africa, the estate should be reported to the Master of the High Court in that jurisdiction. In other words if the deceased was living in that area for 12 months prior to his/her death, then the Master’s office overseeing estates in that region should open an…
Many years were spent debating whether or not advocates should be allowed to approach the public directly. Historically members of the public would brief an attorney who would then approach an advocate to argue a case before a court. This was known as the “referral system”. Finally the Minister of Justice publicised the DOJ’s plans…
1. Why do I need a professional indemnity policy? Professional Indemnity policies provide cover to professionals that offer advice or professional services to the public. Clients that seek advice from professionals expect the advice they are given to be accurate and appropriate for their needs. If it is not, the client may hold the professional…