Some benefits you can expect when dealing with Shackleton Risk Management:
- There is no excess payable for attorneys in respect of the Professional Indemnity Insurance product. This excess is usually anything between R25 000 and R150 000 so in the event of a claim, this is a HUGE upfront saving for the firm.
- We employ a stringent underwriting strategy which means that we avoid cross subsidisation of premium between attorney firms. From the client’s point of view, this equates to lower premiums in respect of the Professional Indemnity Insurance product. By reducing the likelihood of claims, our underwriters are able to keep their premiums highly competitive.
- As a niche insurer, Safire and Shackleton Risk Management (as the broker) will tailor our quotations to suit your insurance needs, and most importantly your budget.
- We are a brokerage that is headed up by Attorneys, and as such we understand the needs and wants of our fellow Attorneys.
- The client is dealing with an Insurance company who have retained their commitment to serving their clients. This means that their clients are seen as individuals with specific needs, rather than just policy numbers.
- Here at Shackleton Risk Management, we have friendly brokers, based in all of the major city centres. Our brokers are “hands on”, and always available for whenever questions pertaining to the Professional Indemnity, Fidelity guarantee or Misappropriation of Trust Fund Insurance products arise.
- Here at Shackleton Risk Management, we have the resources and skills available to us to conduct risk assessments on select practices. These risk assessments are designed to reduce the likelihood a firm has of having a Professional Indemnity claim. In this way, we are able to add large value to a firm by mitigating the likelihood of a claim.
- Our underwriters are backed by one of the biggest re-insurer in the world, namely Munich Re. Munich Re holds the lead line in our Professional Indemnity, Fidelity guarantee and Misappropriation of Trust Fund Insurance products. In addition to Munich Re, they can cede all risk of catastrophe to internationally recognized re-insurers such as Swiss Re, Lloyds of London, Africa Re and Flagstone Re, to name a few.
- We are able to offer our liquidators highly competitive rates on the Professional Indemnity Insurance product as a result of the fact that Safire (underwriters) view them as low risk.
- If you would like to get in contact with Shackleton Risk Management, please visit our website to receive a competitive quotation for your firm within 48 hours.
Share this article
For law firms and sole practitioners alike, it is critical that the limit of cover offered under your Professional Indemnity insurance policy is adequate for your business. We strongly recommend you review your limit to determine whether an increase in cover, beyond what may be offered by your professional indemnity fund. For attorneys this is…
Contemplating an application for the sequestration of a debtor’s estate in terms of the Insolvency Act?
An application may be launched in the High Court to sequestrate the estate of the insolvent if the creditor has a claim of R 1000 or more against the debtor. This figure hasn’t been increased for some time since the enactment of the Insolvency Act in 1936. However we can imagine only those persons with…
Should you suspect a loss has been suffered by an estate at the hands of a trustee / liquidator/ executor (the incumbent named on the bond of security), you should proceed to investigate it. Once your investigation is complete, you need to notify the Master of your investigations and be able to substantiate the loss…