Medical Malpractice Insurance
Trusted MedMal Cover
We have seen medical malpractice claims in South Africa rising sharply and this increase in claims has had a direct impact on the higher premiums charged by Insurers each year.
We are able to broker exceptional products from leading Insurers backed by global leading Reinsurers. We have the ability to source cover for individuals as well as groups.
No matter what discipline you practice in, we offer a tailor-made solution for you.
About Our Medmal Cover:
We offer a claims made based insurance policy which, subject to the retroactive date contained in the policy, provides effective cover that is triggered when a claim is made against our client during the policy period – regardless of when the alleged wrongful act occurred.
Some of our high level product benefits include:
- A market leading Claims Made insurance policy, supported by the world’s largest Re-insurer, Munich Re & Swiss Re.
- Highly competitive claims made premiums.
- The choice of customizable limits of indemnity with the minimum limit available being R1,000,000 and the maximum limit being R50,000,000.
- Tailor-made excess options (Including a zero excess) to suit your pocket.
- An automatic 60 month extended reporting period (ERP) for practitioners that have been insured through us for a period of 36 consecutive months or more. This may be extended at Underwriters discretion.
- 24/7 access to in-house Attorneys and/or Medico-legal advisors who will assist you with any queries or concerns which you may have
Do you need to get in touch with a Broker in your area, or have any questions? Complete the form below and one of our dedicated team members will get back to you.
Why Choose Shackleton Risk Management?
Our purpose is to challenge the status quo of insurance for the benefit of all our clients. Our aim is to shed light on a topic that has traditionally been somewhat obscure, to the detriment of all working professionals in South Africa.
Liability insurance has historically been dominated by large insurers, with very little transparency in terms of how products work and why professionals need the cover they are sold. Corporate ‘bullying’ has been a recurring theme through the decades, leading to professionals paying for insurance they don’t need, or ‘sticking with the tried and tested provider’ out of fear for choosing something else and in turn paying too much for indemnity cover. Our goal is to challenge this status quo and in turn, to allow professionals to be comfortable with the cover they have, to pay only for what they need, and to focus on their profession.
Shackleton Risk is a countrywide leading brokerage insuring thousands of professionals across a variety of spectrums.
Your indemnity insurance is managed by a broker in your area and you will receive world class support and service.
The local offering has been developed to offer practitioners more affordable premiums.
Tailor Made Cover
The offering is tailor made to you and your unique circumstance, with different excesses, limits and extensions available.
Flexible Run Off
The runoff can be extended to the length of your choosing and you only pay for the runoff you choose.