While this list is not exhaustive, here are some professions in South Africa that commonly require PI insurance:
- Legal Professionals and Law Firms (Attorneys, Advocates, legal consultants)
- Accountants, Auditors and associated firms
- Medical Professionals (Doctors, Surgeons, Dentist, Nurses etc)
- Engineers (Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Electrical Engineers etc)
- Insurance Brokers and Financial Advisors
- Advertising Agencies and Marketing Consultants
- Information Technology (IT) Consultants and Software Developers
It is important to note that the requirement for PI insurance may vary based on regulatory bodies, professional associations, contractual obligations, and client demands within each profession. Professionals in these fields should consult with their respective industry bodies, regulatory authorities, and insurance providers to determine their specific insurance requirements.
For further information or inquiries, please feel free to contact Shackleton Risk directly and our dedicated team will be happy to assist you.
Share this article
Short Answer: Yes, you can get retroactive cover. It’s important to note that various insurers may have distinct criteria or prerequisites concerning retroactive cover and dates. You should canvass this with your broker prior to taking out a PI policy. Retroactive cover is an important aspect of Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance. This type of cover…
Curator bonis is a legal term used in South Africa to refer to a person appointed by the court to manage the financial and legal affairs of someone who is unable to do so themselves due to mental incapacity or other reasons. The curator bonis acts as a legal representative and fiduciary for the person…
A principal debtor is a person who is primarily responsible for the repayment of a debt. They are the main borrower or debtor in a financial transaction. This debtor is typically the individual or entity that initially incurs the debt and has the primary obligation to repay it. They are legally bound to fulfill the…