Professional liability insurance is a vital part of running a business, so it’s important to get the right cover for your profession.
A liability insurance broker has experience in different types of professional insurance and risk management. A liability broker will work closely with you to identify the risks which your business faces, and they will recommend cover you need to protect against liability arising from these risks.
The insurance needs of professionals can be challenging as each profession faces different business risks. Liability specialist brokers like Shackleton Risk Management (SRM) are equipped to consider these nuances for you. SRM will proactively seek ways to ensure you have all the cover you need to protect your business from risks without placing strain on your finances. You can then focus on your professional services with peace of mind that you are covered when a claim arises.
Discussing your cover needs with a qualified and experienced liability insurance broker can significantly reduce your risk, and help you make the right decision. SRM aims to find not only the best rates for you but the best coverage and claims experience too.
The advantages of using SRM are:
- We have experienced brokers with expert knowledge in areas you may not be familiar with or may not have considered before.
- We have access to insurers and underwriters for a number of different cover types.
- We assist with explanations and training on the cover you opt for.
- We assist throughout the process, from onboarding you as a client, to the submission of claims. We also advise you on the suitability of a financial product before and while the policy is active.
- We are here to answer insurance queries and attend to your policy changes as and when your risks change.
- We keep abreast of market conditions and will keep you up to date, sending you news on insurance changes and interesting offers.
Get in touch with one of our friendly and knowledgeable brokers in your area to find out how we can help you.
Share this article
Short Answer: Yes, you can get retroactive cover. It’s important to note that various insurers may have distinct criteria or prerequisites concerning retroactive cover and dates. You should canvass this with your broker prior to taking out a PI policy. Retroactive cover is an important aspect of Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance. This type of cover…
While this list is not exhaustive, here are some professions in South Africa that commonly require PI insurance: It is important to note that the requirement for PI insurance may vary based on regulatory bodies, professional associations, contractual obligations, and client demands within each profession. Professionals in these fields should consult with their respective industry…
Curator bonis is a legal term used in South Africa to refer to a person appointed by the court to manage the financial and legal affairs of someone who is unable to do so themselves due to mental incapacity or other reasons. The curator bonis acts as a legal representative and fiduciary for the person…