Why Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Need Medical Malpractice Insurance

Heavy workloads and frivolous claims, has changed what was once a rewarding career of helping women and saving babies. Many obstetricians and gynaecologists say litigation and the profession’s unprofitability when it comes to premiums is what is deterring them from practising.

The current claims climate has unfortunate consequences for the society,  poor maternal outcomes and a shortage of competent specialists.

At Shackleton Risk we realise the importance of quality cover to defend claims. Medical malpractice can be an especially complex and confusing area of the law and so we guarantee you competitive rates, optional extras, and good legal advice when it comes to both claims and /or a panel attorney instructed to defend your claim.  The Insurer has access to a number of specialists who understand your business, the importance of early preparation and defence as well as your risks. Discuss indemnity limits and defence assistance available with your broker today.

Don’t let an unfortunate state of affairs get you down. With quality insurance for obstetricians and gynaecologists, help is around the corner!

Subscribe now
Read More

More Articles

Business Rescue FAQ

Wanting to stop a business rescue? Business rescue proceedings are brought about to facilitate the rehabilitation of a company that is financially distressed and the proceedings offer a very useful alternative to the liquidation of a company. So you should be careful to ensure that you have good grounds to set aside the proceedings. Some of the…

Deregistration of Trusts

Trust registration Trusts must be registered with the Master in whose area of jurisdiction the greatest portion of the trust assets are situated. If more than one Master has jurisdiction over the trust assets, the Master in whose office the trust was first registered will continue to have jurisdiction. What does the Trust Property Control…

Where must deceased estates be reported?

Wherever the deceased was living in the Republic of South Africa, the estate should be reported to the Master of the High Court in that jurisdiction. In other words if the deceased was living in that area for 12 months prior to his/her death, then the Master’s office overseeing estates in that region should open an…